Chidaine Bouchet Vouvray [demi-sec]
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Vouvray
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Chenin Blanc
- Biodynamic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Le Bouchet is adjacent to the Clos Baudoin, on the same clay and chalk terroir as its other neighbor, the Clos du Bourg of Domaine Huet (in fact, the Clos du Bourg was supposedly a part of Le Bouchet many years ago). Of Chidaine’s two hectares here, half of the vines are young, with the rest 70-80 years old.
- Orientation: north-facing
- Soil: Deep clay and limestone over a subsoil of tuffa
- Viticulture: farmed biodynamically and hand harvested
- Vinification: the wine is fermented in stainless steel using indiginous yeasts and vinified as a demi-sec.
- Aging: combination of steel and 600 liter used barrels
- Notes: A rich, dense and voluptuously textured demi-sec. Chidaine notes that aromas of white truffle and iodine are typical of Le Bouchet.