Chidaine Montlouis Tuffeaux [demi-sec]
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Montlouis-Sur-Loire
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Chenin Blanc
- Biodynamic: Practicing
- Vineyard: The appellation of Montlouis is located at the junction of the Loire and Cher Rivers, and spreads across approximately 400 hectares. This wine was sourced from an estate-owned, biodynamically farmed parcel measuring 20 hectares in area. It has 30-90 year old vines which yield an average of 43 hectoliters per hectare.
- Orientation: Multiple parcels, exposure varies
- Soil: Clay with pieces of coarse flint over a base of "tuffe" - soft, white limestone.
- Viticulture: These biodynamically-farmed grapes are hand-harvested and sorted through multiple times.
- Vinification: Following a pneumatic pressing, the juice is fermented with indigenous yeasts in 600L demi-muids for up to 6 months. No malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: Aged for 11 months on its fine lees in demi-muids.