Laherte Freres Les Empreintes Extra Brut
- Vintage: 2011
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Champagne
- Appellation: Champagne
- Wine type: Sparkling
- Varietals: White Blend
- Varietal notes: 50% Chardonnay (1/3 of Chardonnay Muscate), 50% Pinot Noir
- Organic: Certified
- Biodynamic: Practicing
- Vineyard: 50% Chardonnay (1/3 of Chardonnay muscaté) from vines in Les Chemins d’Epernay, which were planted in 1957.
50% Pinot Noir from vines in Les Rouges Maisons, which were planted in 1983.
- Orientation: Multiple parcels, varied exposure
- Soil: Les Chemins d'Epernay has cay soils with a lsilt stratum in surface and a chalky subsoil, whereas Les Rouges Maisons has deeo clay topsoil with flint, schist and a chalk subsoil.
- Viticulture: Vineyards are farmed organically, soils are worked (sometimes with a horse).
- Vinification: Grapes are picked up by hand when fully ripen, then traditional pressing. Natural alcoholic fermentation in barrels from Burgundy (aged of 10 years minimum). No malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: 6 months of barrel ageing with regular stirring of the lees. Disgorged « à la volée » (by hand) Extra Brut @ 3 gr/l dosage.