Trapet Gevrey-Chambertin Capita 1er Cru
- Vintage: 2011
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Appellation: Gevrey-Chambertin
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Pinot Noir
- Biodynamic: Certified
- Vineyard: A blend of Premier Cru sites En Ergot, Combottes, Petite Chapelle and Clos Prieur
- Orientation: Southeast
- Soil: Clay/limestone
- Viticulture: The vineyard is farmed using biodynamic practices and all grapes are harvested by hand, sorted once in the vineyard and again at the winery. Up to 10% of the crop may be rejected.
- Vinification: Vinification with traditional methods, open vat fermentation using native yeasts, 30% stem inclusion and minimal use of sulpher.
- Aging: The wine is aged in French barriques of which 30-75% is new depending on vintage.
- Production: 250 cases
- Notes: Only made in top vintage, Jean-Louis' Capita has the structure of a Gevrey combined with haunting elegance. Very approachable in its youth.