Valdespino Ojo de Gallo VdT Cadiz
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Spain
- Region: Vdt Cadiz
- Appellation: Vdt Cadiz
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Palomino Fino
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Palomino Fino from the famed highest part of Macharnudo vineyard. Over the past 5 years the owners of Valdespino have been trying various parcels of Macharnudo Alto for the release of dry white wine…they found it in the area called Ojo de Gallo.
- Orientation: 135 m above sea level.
- Soil: Albariza - pure chalk limestone.
- Viticulture: practicing organic, 20-25 year old vines. Harvest done by hand.
- Vinification: Grapes are destemmed and lightly crushed and pressed into stainless steel tanks where they ferment naturally with indigenous yeast. Fermentation stopped at 12% alcohol and the wine was racked of the gross lees and then left to age for 6 months on the fine lees.
- Aging: Aged in tank on fine lees for 6 months.