Niepoort Twisted Tinto

Country: 
Portugal
Region: 
Douro
Item code: 
PNP143
Vintage: 
2015
Bottle sizes: 
750 ML
Appellation: 
Douro
Wine type: 
Red
Organic: 
Practicing
Niepoort
Varietals: 
Red Blend
Varietal notes: 
Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz,Tinta Amarela, Tinto Cão and others.
From vineyards ranging in age between 10 to 40 years old. This is a field blend with around 30 different varieties the predominant ones are: Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Amarela.
100-500 meters above sea level.
Schist
practicing organic, hand harvested
Stainless Steel vasts with native yeasts.
25% of the wine is aged for 14 months in used French barrique and large oak vats, and the other 75% is aged in stainless steel.
Wild herb and smoky mineral notes mark the profile of this sleek red, with boysenberry and currant undertones gaining traction through the spice-driven finish. Offers an integrated, firm finish. Drink now through 2022. 1,000 cases imported.
Field Publication Computed: 
Wine Spectator
Field Rating Computed: 
Wild herb and smoky mineral notes mark the profile of this sleek red, with boysenberry and currant undertones gaining traction through the spice-driven finish. Offers an integrated, firm finish. Drink now through 2022. 1,000 cases imported.\n